Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mi bagno

My bathroom. Thankfully I don't have to share a bathroom with the students. It's located just around the corner from by bedroom and quite a ways from student rooms so it affords a lot of privacy. It has beautiful blue tiling and is quite lovely.

What you're looking at here is my tub/shower on the left and toilet on the right. As you can see there's a little seat in the tub and then a hose like attachment. Basically, this isn't a stand-up shower. What you're supposed to do is have a seat and then bathe that way. Ever seen that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond when they visit Italy? In that episode Ray is taking a bath in something similar and is complaining about his bathing conditions when his elderly Italian aunt comes in and starts bathing him. This is exactly how I feel. Although I do admit that it acts like a mini pool when it gets really hot and is great when filled with cold water.

Notice my Costco-sized shampoo and conditioner bottles along the ledge. When I visited in Oct. I brought over a whole bag full of toiletries like shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc. Yes, they have those things here in Italy, but let's face it....a girl has to have her brand of shampoo/conditioner!

This is my sink/mirror. Isn't the tile pretty? There's also a bidet, but didn't think you'd want to see that. Looking at it reminds me of the scene in Crocodile Dundee where Sue has to explain to Mic what it's used for. Personally, I don't know what to make of it.

Seems to me that there are lots of aspects of my bathroom that remind me of TV shows or movies. Hmmm...that's kinda weird.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment