Friday, August 21, 2009

Stealing internet

After lunch yesterday we experienced three power surges that knocked out our internet. Apparently, this isn't anything new because the Sisters seemed unconcerned by it. We were told that as the city tries to cool down the electrical system falters and surges from time to time. Ok, I am hot enough as it is and if I lose my fan....well let's just say that you'll find me sitting in my swimsuit in my bathtub. No joke.

We were told that our internet should just come back on, but 24 hours later it's still off. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, but when you consider how much we do by internet and that I had plans to Skype with the family last night it has become something of an irritation. So, I've resorted to sitting on the terrace stealing someone else's wireless signal. And you know what, I'm ok with this. It's really just a sharing of resources!

Anyway, we went out into the neighborhood again yesterday to go to another grocery store. We needed to buy spices and try to buy a cord for the phone. We located the store which is located inside of a department store. Imagine. You can buy Italian shoes, fashion, and food all in one place. Pretty close to my version of heaven!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment