Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pinch me

This morning I made the trek from campus to the Center to go to the bank. The Center is what most people think of when they think of Rome...Piazza di Spagna, Fontana di Trevi...all the tourist sights.

So there I was on the 60...passing by Bernini's fountain at Piazza Repubblica, passing Piazza Venezia where Moussolini used to address the masses, passing by the Capitoline museum where none other than Michelangelo designed the stairs, passing by the Colosseum and the Forum and it hit me...I live in Rome. Italy. I live in a city that has existed for thousands of years....where art, politics, and civilization flourished. I live here. Wow. Pinch me...it must be a dream.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I also love being able to picture it all- day 7 of Rome was most definitely the icing to a wonderful week in Rome :). Miss you, my friend, and hope all is well in your part of the world!
    much love!

    ReplyDelete