Thursday, January 21, 2010

Second time around

I am sitting in my room in Rome as I write this. Lynda and I arrived this morning after a good flight. My flight from Phoenix to Dulles was barely even 1/4 full so I had the whole row to myself and then our flight from Dulles to Rome wasn't even 1/2 full so again I got a whole row to myself! What a difference it makes when you can stretch out. This doesn't mean that I actually slept...heaven forbid! (I've never really slept on airplanes) Rather, I was able to relax and not have my knees shoved into my chin.

It's cold here now. I mean it's cold relative to AZ. When I left AZ yesterday it was in the mid-60s because it was raining and had previously been in the low-to-mid-70s, but it's only in the low 50s here now....my room is cold! What a difference from our arrival last August when it was hotter than the center of the sun!

I was greeted warmly by the Sisters and Ana. It's nice to be received so well!

I have been fighting sleep since I got to my room because I know the best way to fend off jet lag is to wait until it's a decent hour to go to sleep here, but I fear I've lost that battle as I lost two hours earlier while I was reading...pretty sure I dozed off. Can you blame me? Lynda and I are meeting at our local pizzeria later as another way to ensure that we stay up as late as we can...and also because neither of us has any food in our homes!

So, getting back into the swing of things and getting ready for my students' arrival a week from today. I'm looking forward to what I need to do and what's going to happen.

Thanks for praying for safe travel. They were answered. I know God has amazing plans for me here in Rome and with these students. I just pray that I am open to His leading, His timing, and His method.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had good flights! I wish I was there again. :)

    ReplyDelete