Saturday, January 12, 2013

Prepping for departure...

It's Saturday night and I am getting ready to head back to Rome on Monday for the spring 2013 semester. (How in the world did I manage to drain my bank account in just 30 days?!) Once again, this will be a semester of transition as I prepare to say goodbye to my colleagues as they complete their two year contract. Still, there is a lot to look forward to---getting to know new students, travel (plans already include a return to Spain, but this time small towns outside of Madrid; a trip to France; and perhaps Ireland or Scotland with the folks), my parents' visit at the end of the semester, and time with Sean and Joy in the months of May and June before we return to the States.

I have a feeling that the Lord has big plans for my life this year. I don't know what those include---new relationships??, new adventures??, fluency in Italian?? (please!!!)---but I know that I am excited to see what He does in my life.

I've said it before (and I have no doubt that I'll say it again in January of 2014), but I want to do better at posting to this blog as I travel along with Jesus and what He has for me in Rome, Italy, and Europe.

So.....here we go!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment