Saturday, January 28, 2012

Io torno

I was in bed this morning and I realized two things. 1) I have been back in Rome for 16 days, but it feels like an eternity, and 2) I haven't blogged in forever. Now, this isn't a new realization. In fact my sister, Lindsay, who has an awesome blog of her own---www.lindsaysoulfood.wordpress.com---reminded me while I was home that I've been a slacker. And I have. Please forgive me.

I'd like to say that I've neglected the blogosphere because I've been so busy living life up here in Rome and in Europe, and while I have, my absence can best be attributed to laziness. Pure and simple laziness. No More!! (Don't I say that at the start of every new year?!)

There's a lot going on here at the moment. Students arrived a week ago and so this place is hopping. I have travel plans in place for February and Spring Break. And finally, I am trying to decide what to do with my life----stay or go? My contract expires at the end of June and so it's time for me to decide if I want to remain in Rome or return to the good ol' U.S. of A. Not an easy choice. There's too much on either side of the plus columns and God's being awfully quiet in this area of my life---not so quiet in others. ;)

I digress. I am sitting at home today and it's a beautiful, albeit chilly, day here in Rome. I am looking out across the yard into the high school across the way and watching the class of dancers practice their routines. It's time to head out of the house. I'm thinking that today's a good day for wandering around behind Campo dei Fiori and around the Jewish ghetto. I am on a mission to find shoes! And what better place to buy them, but Italy?

So, I'm going to venture out and live life in Rome. Before I do that, though, I am going to write a quick post about my triumphant return to London in November. It was an amazing trip and I am so thankful for it.

Ciao for now! I will be back....

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment